- What is the meaning of rustling?
- What is the meaning of carved?
- What is another word for purposely?
- What’s the opposite of purposely?
- What is the meaning of carved out?
- What does epitaph mean in English?
- What are inscriptions give example?
- What is an inscription in history?
- What is another name for carve?
- What is the other name of inscription?
- What’s the difference between purposely and purposefully?
- What are the kinds of carving?
What is the meaning of rustling?
A rustling is a gentle swishing sound, like the rustling of leaves in the trees on a breezy night.
Rustling can be a noun or an adjective, in both cases describing the muffled sound of leaves or paper..
What is the meaning of carved?
verb (used with object), carved, carv·ing. to cut (a solid material) so as to form something: to carve a piece of pine. to form from a solid material by cutting: to carve a statue out of stone. to cut into slices or pieces, as a roast of meat.
What is another word for purposely?
Purposely Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for purposely?deliberatelyintentionallypurposedlyby designwith intentin cold bloodwith malice aforethoughtpurposefullyon purposeadvisedly56 more rows
What’s the opposite of purposely?
What is the opposite of purposefully?inadvertentlyunconsciouslyunwittinglyaccidentallyinvoluntarilyincidentallysubconsciouslyby accidentby mistakeunawares12 more rows
What is the meaning of carved out?
– establish or create through painstaking effort1. carve out – establish or create through painstaking effort; “She carved out a reputation among her male colleagues” create – bring into existence; “The company was created 25 years ago”; “He created a new movement in painting”
What does epitaph mean in English?
noun. a commemorative inscription on a tomb or mortuary monument about the person buried at that site. a brief poem or other writing in praise of a deceased person.
What are inscriptions give example?
A message someone writes on the front page of a book they have given to you is an example of an inscription. A marking or wording on a coin is an example of an inscription. The act of writing a message on the front page of a book you are giving as a gift is an example of inscription. noun.
What is an inscription in history?
a historical, religious, or other record cut, impressed, painted, or written on stone, brick, metal, or other hard surface. a brief, usually informal dedication, as of a book or a work of art. a note, as a dedication, that is written and signed by hand in a book. the act of inscribing.
What is another name for carve?
In this page you can discover 37 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for carve, like: hew, sculpture, shape, slice, split, chisel, sculpt, engrave, etch, mold and fashion.
What is the other name of inscription?
What is another word for inscription?addressdedicationsealJohn Hancockmarkmonikernameendorsementundersignaturewriting12 more rows
What’s the difference between purposely and purposefully?
When you use purposely in a sentence, it should be synonymous with intentionally and on purpose. … When you use purposefully in a sentence, it should mean “in a way that shows determination and resolve” or, put more simply, “full of purpose.” The opposite of purposefully would be close to negligently or carelessly.
What are the kinds of carving?
Kinds of carving include:Bone carving.Chip carving.Fruit carving.Gourd carving or gourd art.Ice carving or ice sculpture.Ivory carving.Stone carving. Petroglyph.Vegetable carving. Thaeng yuak (Banana stalk carving)More items…