- Is it politically correct to say poor?
- What is the difference between poor and low income?
- Does low income mean poor?
- What is poor life?
- What is another way of saying poor?
- What is it called when your poor?
- What’s another way to say low income?
- Who is poor man?
- Is it OK to say underprivileged?
- What do you call the poorest part of town?
- What’s another word for low income families?
- What is the other word for rich?
- What do you call a low income neighborhood?
- How do you say poor people nicely?
- What is a better word for underprivileged?
- What defines low income?
- What does poor form mean?
Is it politically correct to say poor?
Basically, because “poor” has so many definitions one of which is a person of low quality, using the word “poor” could be conceived as politically incorrect.
Had you preceeded the word with “economically” then it is the truth and cannot be perceived in any way but the truth from your perception..
What is the difference between poor and low income?
1. In this fact sheet, poverty is defined as family income less than 100 percent of the federal poverty threshold, as determined by the U.S. Census Bureau; low income is defined as family income less than 200 percent of the poverty threshold.
Does low income mean poor?
Low-income is considered 200 percent of the federal poverty level, and poor is defined as 100 percent of the poverty level. For 2013, a family of four making less than $23,624 is considered at the federal poverty level, and $47,248 is considered low income.
What is poor life?
Poverty Defined By this definition, poverty is the condition where a person lacking financial resources is unable to meet a minimum standard of living. … Poverty is lack of shelter. Poverty is being sick and not being able to see a doctor. Poverty is not having access to school and not knowing how to read.
What is another way of saying poor?
SYNONYMS FOR poor 1 needy, indigent, necessitous, straitened, destitute, penniless, poverty-stricken. 5 meager.
What is it called when your poor?
impoverished. adjective. an impoverished person or place is very poor.
What’s another way to say low income?
What is another word for low-income?poordestitutedisadvantagedneedyunderprivilegeddeprivedlow-paidon the breadlinepoverty-strickenpenniless161 more rows
Who is poor man?
2 —used to refer to something that is like something else but not as expensivePewter is the poor man’s silver.
Is it OK to say underprivileged?
People should be referred to as underprivileged only if they’re the ones who are calling themselves that.
What do you call the poorest part of town?
slum. noun. a poor area of a town where the houses are in very bad condition.
What’s another word for low income families?
What is another word for low-income family?impoverished familypoor familypoor householdpoverty-stricken family
What is the other word for rich?
Some common synonyms of rich are affluent, opulent, and wealthy.
What do you call a low income neighborhood?
Noun. Area with poverty. poor area. council estate.
How do you say poor people nicely?
4 Answers. Indigent is a formal word to name poor people. Indigent(adj.) needy; poor; impoverished.
What is a better word for underprivileged?
Find another word for underprivileged. In this page you can discover 21 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for underprivileged, like: deprived, disadvantaged, rich, poor, destitute, depressed, impoverished, indigent, wealthy, privileged and under-privileged.
What defines low income?
The term “low-income individual” means an individual whose family’s taxable income for the preceding year did not exceed 150 percent of the poverty level amount.
What does poor form mean?
Definition of bad/poor form : a way of behaving that is improper It’s considered bad/poor form to arrive so early.